Saturday, September 21, 2013

BOOK: "Saving Raphael Santiago" (The Bane Chronicles #6) -- Available Now!


September 17th marked the release of the sixth installment of the Cassandra Clare project, 'The Bane Chronicles'.

This installment enlists the aid of the wonderfully talented and brilliant author of the 'The Lynburn Legacy' series, Sarah Rees Brennan, who also happens to be one of my favorite authors; especially after reading 'Unspoken', which is the first book of 'The Lynburn Legacy' series.

Saving Raphael Santiago tells the story of a young Raphael Santiago and how he came to be who he is. Of course, we also learn and share in his entanglement with our beloved warlock, Magnus Bane. Raphael's story is a very emotional one. One that I don't think you will forget.

I've had the pleasure of reading the novella, and I must say that I absolutely LOVED it. I definitely rank it as one of the best installments thus far.

This story is filled with humorous conversation, emotion filled moments and overall plot development that helps connect a lot of the dots made while reading the 'The Mortal Instruments' series, where we are introduced to Raphael to begin with. He is such a strong character. And excellently developed character. And overall, just VERY fun to read about.

I am pleased to say that Sarah Rees Brennan's voice is quite prominent in this tale. Having read some of her solo work, I can attest to that fact. There is a tinge of darkness and Gothic atmosphere that I haven't quite seen in the other installments, so I was very excited about that. Two of my favorite authors working together is simply euphoric!

It is always fun to learn how interconnected some of our favorite characters are through these chronicles. Cassandra Clare is such an amazing storyteller, so I can only imagine what she has in store for us next!

Saving Raphael Santiago is available now on BN.com, iTunes Store and Amazon.com for $2.99.


Have you read this installment of 'The Bane Chronicles'? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment