Friday, March 21, 2014

Movie Review: 'Divergent' + Big News!

This past Summer after so many friends recommended that I read Divergent, I finally did. I was so drawn into the world and grew really attached to the characters, especially Tris and Four. I found the whole concept of a world divided into factions very daunting. The author Veronica Roth wrote a great book and I can't wait to finish reading Insurgent. 

MY REVIEW:

Upon entering the theater to watch Divergent for the first time last night I was very pleased to see how full the auditorium was. This movie is a great adaptation of the book and I really loved it. Now I am going to tell you all about some of the scenes that stood out to me the most. The first one was the scene where Al turns on Tris helps a couple of guys try to kill her. The next scene would definitely be when Tris sees Four's fears and learns that he is Tobias, the son of Marcus Eaton and a former member of Abnegation. Another scene is the one when Tris has her final test. The fourth scene would have to be where Tris has to kill Will in self defense when he isn't in control of himself. Some more scenes are definitely the ones when Tris' parents die while protecting her. The final scene that really gave me chills and stood out was when Tris has to fight Four when he isn't in control of his actions and helps him regain control of himself. I highly recommend this movie and will be seeing it again tomorrow!

BIG NEWS:

Insurgent, The sequel to Divergent has been given the green light!

Due an incredible $4.9 million earned from the Thursday night showings of Divergent, it has been confirmed that the sequel Insurgent will soon go into production. It is expected that Divergent will earn $60 million this weekend.

The sequel will start filming this May and has been given a release date of March 20th, 2015! It is predicted that the third book will be adapted and released in March 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment