Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2013 Fangirl Favorites

So this year has been FULL of things that I've fangirled over. That I've fallen in love with. Hard. And I'm so eager to see what 2014 will bring me! I'm already anxiously waiting on ONE particular book (**cough**City of Heavenly Fire**cough**).

Since today is the LAST day of 2013, I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite fangirl things. Stuff that got me all gooey inside and gave me all of the feels!

So let's get to it!

Book: Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, Book #1) by Kresley Cole


I've read a total of 71 books in 2013 and I decided to challenge myself to select my all-time favorite book of the year. It was hard, but I did it.

Poison Princess just had everything I needed in a book and more. Fantasy, Tension, Angst, Betrayal, Romance, a kick-ass female, and a hot guy. Kresley Cole kept me on the edge of my seat countless times throughout this book. And it's only the beginning of the series!

Goodreads Description

She could save the world—or destroy it.
Sixteen-year-old Evangeline "Evie" Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can't do either alone.
With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can't totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?
As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side.


Original Soundtrack (Movie): Disney's "Frozen"


Ever since I saw this film on Thanksgiving Day, I cannot get the music out of my head. It had such beautifully written songs that accompany the film so well. But even when you aren't watching the film, listening to the songs bring you right back to the emotion you felt when seeing the film.

Very catchy tunes. Emotional and empowering. This Disney soundtrack does not fail to make you smile, cry, and laugh. It's absolutely fantastic.

Where To Buy: Amazon

Movie: Disney's "Frozen"


I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this movie. It's topped Tangled for me, and I'm surprised I'm saying that because I really enjoyed that movie.

But there is something about this one that I could relate to so much. The love between two sisters. Having to meet such high expectations -- of your parents, of your community, of yourself. Being alone and isolated and afraid. But then learning about the power of love. It's just an extremely beautiful story. Tears, smiles, and laughter all around.

Not to mention that I saw it in 3D and it was simply stunning. Such gorgeous graphics. Well done, Disney.

Television Show: Sleepy Hollow



FOX has another hit on its hands with this show. Sleepy Hollow is the only new TV show that I'm still watching. I've actually given up on everything else. But I have NO intention of letting this show slip through my fingers. It's that good!

The telling of urban legend and myths being brought to life on screen is awesome and the cast was brilliantly selected. I love everyone. 

There's the perfect amount of comedy, creepiness, crime drama, and mystery that keeps you wanting more. I cannot wait to see where the story leads us next because season one is knocking my socks off!


Those are my fangirl favorites for 2013! Would love to know what some of yours were. Leave a comment below!

Happy New Year and I shall see you in 2014!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment