Monday, April 29, 2013

MTV Exclusive: Meet Godfrey Gao aka Magnus Bane On The Set Of 'Mortal Instruments'

Meet Magnus Bane On The Set Of 'Mortal Instruments': "There's actually a really big pressure because I know there are a lot of fans out there, and everyone loves Magnus Bane," Godfrey Gao says of playing Magnus Bane from the set of "Mortal Instruments." "It's really cold," Godfrey said, all smiles. "At first, I was like, 'All right, I thought this party was going to be an indoor mansion with a lot of lights and chandeliers like you see in back.' Turns out, it's outside, and it's actually, I think, 11 degrees Celsius, so I'm just hanging out with my boxers on and everyone sees ... I have great legs. But it's very fun to play Magnus Bane, as you can see." (For reference, the temperature in Fahrenheit is just over 50 degrees.) But the chill wasn't Gao's main concern. As he told our own Josh Horowitz, the actor understands the great responsibility he's undertaken portraying the fan-favorite character from Cassandra Clare's series about the secret world of the demon-destroying Shadowhunters. "There's actually a really big pressure because I know there are a lot of fans out there, and everyone loves Magnus Bane, and I love Magnus Bane," he said. "So I just wanted to play a sort of cool-looking Magnus Bane, but I also wanted to bring out the flamboyant side. The party side of Magnus Bane, so hopefully everybody can enjoy what I bring to you on screen." And for those who can't get enough of the warlock, Clare revealed that an extra Magnus scene was written into the screenplay that didn't originally appear in the book. "It is really cool," Gao said of the bonus moment. "This whole ride has been amazing. I really got to thank everybody... This is my first English feature. I'm actually pretty nervous doing this interview now. I never do any interviews in English, it was always in Mandarin before."

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones comes to theaters on August 23rd! :D ~V

No comments:

Post a Comment