Tuesday, October 8, 2013

5 Reasons To Check Out Marvel's 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'



ABC has the honor of bringing us one of Fall 2013's most anticipated television series, Marvel's 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This show follows the missions of a fictional government agency called the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division (or S.H.I.E.L.D.) Agent Coulson, played by Clark Gregg (who is also in the Marvel films) rounds up various agents that he feels have unique skills that, when put together, can aid in the solving of some of the stranger division cases.

The show has only had 3 episode airings, but I'd say it has potential to be the show that it's being hyped up to be.

So I wanted to give you my top 5 reasons why you should check out 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' --




Reason #1: It's Marvel. Marvel deserves our attention.


They've given us a FANTASTIC band of superheroes from Iron Man to Thor to Captain America. Hello? The Avengers! With blockbuster films under the Marvel belt, I have every confidence that they can pull of a television show.

Reason #2: Agent Melinda May is a bad ass.


I love bad ass female leads. Not only does she fly the company jet, which is an AWESOME piece of technology, but she carries the power of a multitude of armies in her pinkie finger. She can kick your butt.


Reason #3: Coulson. Duh.


It's Coulson. What other reason do you need? 


Reason #4: The props. Fantastic technology brings the world of S.H.I.E.L.D. together before our eyes.





Coulson has a flying car named "Lola"! How boss is that?!

Reason #5: Nick Fury. He appears whenever he feels like it.


When Coulson screws up, the Fury appears! When I saw Samuel L. Jackson at the end of episode two, I about peed my pants! I just love how much faith ABC and Marvel (and Samuel) have in this series. He's taking part in the launching of this show! Plus it's BIG bonus points for fans of the franchise when we're able to see familiar faces from the films popping up on the small screens at home.

Overall, I recommend this show. It hasn't reached it's full potential yet, in my opinion, but come on... it's only been on for 3 episodes. There's still time. I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far and it's only getting better with each episode.

What are your thoughts on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Are you a fan? Or will you pass? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment