Tuesday, June 25, 2013

REVIEW: Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles Part #3) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan

Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles Part #3) 
Released: June 18, 2013
By Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan



Summary:



Magnus Bane leverages his alliances with Downworlders and Shadowhunters on a venture to Victorian London. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

When immortal warlock Magnus Bane attends preliminary peace talks between the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders in Victorian London, he is charmed by two very different people: the vampire Camille Belcourt and the young Shadowhunter, Edmund Herondale. Will winning hearts mean choosing sides?


This standalone e-only short story illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality populates the pages of the #1 New York Timesbestselling series, The Mortal Instrumentsand The Infernal Devices series. This story in The Bane Chronicles, Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale, is written by Sarah Rees Brennan and Cassandra Clare.



Review:


I finished reading the latest installment in The Bane Chronicles the other night and I have fallen for another Herondale. In Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale we focus on the Downworlders & Shadowhunters trying to bring about the accords during several meetings at The London Institute. The Shadowhunters were very cruel in this towards the Downworlders and I kept getting very upset with it all. I was gritting my teeth throughout the whole flirtation between Magnus & Camille Belcourt. I hate Camille. Magnus, meets the young Edmund Herondale and is present for the meeting of Will's parents when Edmund saves Linette. We even hear at the end the screams of Edmund having his marks removed, so he can marry Linette and move to Whales to be with her. This installment really touched me and is by far my favorite. I can't wait for the next installment in The Bane Chronicles, The Midnight Heir.

Here's an excerpt from Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale:


“Edmund exhaled. He looked drained. “I beg your pardon, Bane,” he said. “I am simply being a child, screaming and kicking against fate, and it is time to stop being a stupid boy. Why struggle against a choice that is already made? If I were asked to choose between sacrificing my life or sacrificing Linette’s every day for the rest of eternity, I would sacrifice my own every time.”

Magnus looked away, so as not to see the wreckage. “I wish you luck,” he said. “Luck and love.”
Edmund made a small bow. “I bid you good day. I think we will not meet again.”

He walked away, into the inner reaches of the Institute. A few feet away, he wavered and paused, light from one of the narrow church windows turning his hair rich gold, and Magnus thought he would turn. But Edmund Herondale never looked back.”

No comments:

Post a Comment